[b][/b]

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Halloween meltdown

Ok, any second now I am officially going into Halloween meltdown! *imagine big pool of make-up and glitter , squealing “I’m melting… ahhhhh I’m melting….” Very wicked witch of the west.
I just love this time of year, it’s the one time that I go all out and really dress up the grotto (which retains a lot of it’s ghoulishness all year round.; and each year a few less decorations get packed away….) But as to par for me I have left myself a lot to do in a short time. Perhaps I am just injecting a little Halloween excitement into my life…

Decorating and party tips from the grotto-
Everyone loves trick or treat bags- even the 30+ years.
Everyone loves “Kids” party food. Make all of the sophisticated fare you like, but everyone will still wait for party pies and cocktail sausages.
Guests thrill at unexpected things in unexpected places- decorate the garden, the bathroom, the loo!

Great sources for decorations- if you are in Australia or Melbourne (Because Halloween is a little scarce here and it’s a bit late for overseas mail order now)

www.swiedas.com.au
Don’t forget my website (yes, I know shameless advertising…)
www.users.bigpond.net.au/ghouliebabies

The “reject” shop chain of stores have a small selection of hanging ghosts, skeletons, masks and make up.
Lombards the party supplies if you are here in Melbourne
Also Bernards Magic shop on Elizabeth st if you are here in Melbourne.

For a bit of DIY Halloween- Printables- there are some great printable projects at
the HP website-
http://h10050.www1.hp.com/activitycenter/us/en/index.html

Happy haunting everybody!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Log Directory