[b][/b]

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Domestic Goth-ess

I once heard someone say "I don't do housework, I just redecorate...." These may well be words to live by! Of course I think having a spooky house like the ghoulie grotto is a head start in the housework department- I mean you don't need to worry about cobwebs.
So what is with this Housework issue, well we are about to embark on our annual entertaining event of the year, so I am feeling a bit of hostess anxiety. At the best of times the ghoulie grotto is more 'creative living' than 'Home beautiful'. The gorgeous boi and I have a lot of “Stuff.” Indeed I vow never to move anywhere bigger as I know we would only accrue even more “Stuff”. I do admire those elegant homes, the living rooms straight out of Ikea, the neat, organized workstations, but alas I just don’t seem to have it in me.

Domestic Goth-ess tips from the ghoulie grotto-

Newspaper is the best thing for cleaning a grimy oven, or windows.

There are fabulous removable adhesive strips which you can use to put little plastic hooks onto your walls and they have a pull tab to remove them ( I believe 3M command adhesive is the product name)- these are your best friend for hanging pretty much everything. Use the tabs alone to hang pictures ;( perfect for creating a whimsy, art/correspondence collage over an ugly wall without killing the paint underneath.)

Decorate your Laundry – a little escape while you are washing and scrubbing.

Don’t let the housework rule your life- I mean you don’t want uninvited/unintentional critters lurking around, ditto for unfortunate aromas and dust bunnies. But housework is a thankless task with fleeting results, Live a little!

Go see “Art for Housewives” one of my favorite places on the web!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Log Directory