[b][/b]

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

And a bat hanging in the belfry

Yesterday I ventured to the shops for el-cheapo, kitsch and tacky Christmas decorations. I don’t mind telling you it was a zoo out there, but this year was pleasantly a veritable feast of tasteful (??? Taste is relative after all) glitter and tinsel at reasonable prices.
I found very cute little soft beanie kittens with Santa hats for a couple of dollars each (Although the gorgeous boy about the grotto suggested they looked a little ‘mangy’- perhaps that is why I liked them so much.) that will play around my glitter jackolanterns that I can’t bare to put away after Halloween.
Tons of tinsel is essential- you can’t possibly have too much tinsel and I noticed that some of the more interesting luxury tinsels in fabulous colors are now filtering down to the discount stores. Admittedly I wanted premo-cheapo so I settled for blue, purple and red on 9 meter rolls.
There were also great glittery plastic ornaments that are non descript enough to adorn the ghoulie garden all year round.
Some friends of ours get the award for the grinchiest deco though- a singing Santa wreath with Santa’s head doing the full 360 turn. *sigh* you just can’t reproduce malfunctions like that.

Finally if you haven’t already seen the Jones Soda holiday pack from the U.S.A you really have to see it to believe it. Alas it is too late to acquire one of these (I mean I would sell a relative to get my gnarled fingers on them), but wouldn’t it be fun to taste test these with your guests!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Log Directory